IT Experts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hide local drives or partitions.

4 posters

Go down

hide local drives or partitions. Empty hide local drives or partitions.

Post by Admin Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 pm

I want to hide local drives or partition of windows i.e ( local disk D, local disk E). I am currently using windows 8. Is it possible to hide a local drive permanently or temporarily. Actually I want to hide my system reserved partition.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Nothing)

Admin
Admin

https://itexperts.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

hide local drives or partitions. Empty Re: hide local drives or partitions.

Post by sohail1232 Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:42 am

Yeah you can do it... just right click on my computer and go to manage, in the left navigation bar there is an option that is "disk management" you will see all drive there.. right click on that drive which you want to hide and select the option of "Change Drive Letters and Path". A new window will open here you see your drive select it click on remove button. If you want to show you drive again follow all these steps and in last step just click on add and select the drive you want to add.

sohail1232

Back to top Go down

hide local drives or partitions. Empty oh thats good

Post by husnain choudhary Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:21 am

Smile 
sohail1232 wrote:Yeah you can do it... just right click on my computer and go to manage, in the left navigation bar there is an option that is "disk management" you will see all drive there.. right click on that drive which you want to hide and select the option of "Change Drive Letters and Path". A new window will open here you see your drive select it click on remove button. If you want to show you drive again follow all these steps and in last step just click on add and select the drive you want to add.

husnain choudhary

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayesha Chaudhary Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:11 pm

There is another way for hide local drives. Click on start manu and go to search box and write "diskpart" there. Click on diskpart then a Dos window will be appear. Write "list of volume". choose a volume no that you want to hide. example: select volume 2. Then write this command "remove letter D" (D is the partation name that you want to hide).
If you want to show it again do the whole procedure again and in last step just write "assign letter D".
Smile 

Ayesha Chaudhary

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Admin
Admin

https://itexperts.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum